Software engineers use versioning all the time, and .NET is no different. Over the last couple of years, Jon has been thinking a lot about versioning in different contexts, and he wishes he could now say he knew how to do it easily. Instead, Jon can at least share his experiences, highlight some problems, and maybe look at possible improvements to come. We'll look at:
- What is a version anyway?
- Where do we use versions day to day?
- What do we mean by semantic versioning?
- What are the patterns for server-side API versioning?
- What are the highlights and lowlights of .NET's support for versioning?